I usually write a blog post each week, but I am a bit late with this post.
Last week I attended the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. CES is a phenomenal event that occurs every year in January in Las Vegas – the only city with sufficient space to host the thousands of products and vendors. This year, there were about 150,000 people from all over the world crowded into Las Vegas from 1/4 – 1/8/17.
CES – Showcase for All That is New in Technology
What kinds of items were on offer at CES this year?
- The Smart Home – smart refrigerators and other appliances, lighting, sound systems
- Wearable Tech – fitness devices, blood pressure and other medical, unique smart fabrics
- Eureka Park – global startups offering new innovative products not yet on the market
- Gaming, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality – immersive experiences
- Auto Tech – self-driving cars, head up displays, emergency braking, collision avoidance
- Drones – new agricultural drones, security, product delivery, and toys
- 3D Printing – small ones, large ones, ability to print in plastic, composites, even metal
The above is just a sampling. But, as you can see, CES is a great place for an inventor: like a kid in a candy store.
Here are a few of my favorite, somewhat unique items I had not seen before:
Anti-radiation tempered glass cell phone covers – mobile phone radiation to the brain reduced by 70% – Careye – www.sunruo.com.cn
Vuzix Blade 3000 Smart Sunglasses – always connected – much less clunky than other glasses – second half of 2017 www.vuzix.com
Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound – by Neural Analytics – breakthrough product that enables measuring blood flow through the brain – detect anomalies, blockages, etc.
Potentially might help with early detection of Alzheimer's. www.neuralanalytics.com
First Portable VR Glasses – Dlodlo V1 – several models, “bionic optical imaging system” enables 105 degree forward view – www.dlodlo.com
I hope you enjoyed this high-level skim of the thousands of products at CES this year.
Maybe I'll see you there next year!